Mission and Objectives
TESP delivers a wide range of projects to support the industry’s skills needs.
Through consulting with employers across the industry, developing labour market information and building a clear picture of future skills needs, TESP represents the views of employers and acts as the industry’s voice to the UK Government and devolved administrations on electrotechnical skills issues.
By doing this, we can help to secure support and funding for the industry’s skills priorities so that employers and their workforce can benefit.
Through our activity, we aim to ensure a framework is in place for training and current and new occupations, from entry-level and apprenticeships through to higher-level qualifications.
Our objectives include:
- Supporting the development and setting of training standards
- Ensuring robust assessment is in place to maintain high standards
- Working with partners to ensure qualifications are appropriately accredited
- Ensuring there are pathways to support careers development including routes for upskilling, progression and continued professional development
- Ensuring that qualifications provide the skills appropriate for current and new occupations
As a not-for-profit Community Interest Company, any surpluses generated by TESP are re-invested into projects to support the electrotechnical industry and its skills needs.