Get Qualified to Level 3 with TESP support
Subsidised programme to help you gain an ECS Gold Card
If you’ve got many years’ experience working in the electrical industry but never completed an apprenticeship or the NVQ Level 3, there’s now a way you get formally assessed and meet the requirements for an ECS Gold Card from the JIB.
The JIB Mature Candidate Assessment recognises existing industry experience and takes into account the work you have been carrying out to date. When you are successful, you gain an industry Level 3 qualification that meets the requirements for a Gold Card application.
With TESP’s Career Progression Programme, if you undertake the Mature Candidate Assessment with one of the approved training providers below, you will also get the following benefits:
- AM2 Completion Bonus – A £71 completion payment will be given to you on successful completion of your AM2 final assessment
- Your ECS Gold Card for free – pay nothing and receive your ECS Gold Card – Save up to £60
- Professional Technician status – the first 100 successful candidates can receive free professional registration for one year as an Engineering Technician (EngTech) through the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET). Save £144
In order to be considered for the Career Progression Programme, you must meet the following criteria:
- 5 years’ experience working in the electrical industry
- Currently working in industrial, commercial or domestic premises
- Practical and technical knowledge of installing and maintaining electrical systems
- Working knowledge of the current 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
The training providers listed here are approved by the TESP to offer the JIB Mature Candidate Assessment. The fee for the Assessment will differ amongst providers, but each also offers their own special package. Please take a look below and contact your chosen provider for more details:
JTL – Nationwide:
- Offering a £500 saving on the cost of its Assessment Scheme. Assessment fee £1,000 (discounted from £1,500). This price includes the cost of the assessment service, but does not include the fee for the AM2 assessment of occupational competence or any additional training the candidate may require. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or on 0800 085 2308.
DCET – Exeter and the South West:
- Fixed price offer of £1350 + VAT for the Mature Candidate Assessment
- A free Safe Isolation Kit including an approved voltage indicator, proving unit, lock off and signage
- A 50% discount on the BS7671 IET Wiring Regulations On-Side Guide and Guidance Note 3
For more information contact email@example.com or call 01392 829100
Gower College – Swansea:
- £150 off the cost of either the pre-AM2 refresher or the AM2 Assessment, when taken at the provider’s AM2 centre. The pre-AM2 Refresher is charged at £250 and AM2 Assessment is £655.
To find out more contact 01792 284211 or 07825 431110 or view the GCS website course info.
Funding the Career Progression Programme
This scheme has been made possible by donations from TESP partners (Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA), Joint Industry Board (JIB), National Electrotechnical Training (NET), JTL,), together with the Institution of Engineering and Technology and Electrical Safety First.