Can overseas work experience count towards the experienced worker qualification?

The practical assessment within the EWA qualification must relate to work carried out in the UK so it can be properly verified and assessed on-site. Any previous overseas work experience cannot be used as credit towards or exemption from the EWA prac …

DateMonday November 29, 2021

Can I just take the Experienced Worker qualification without the AM2E if I want to join a Competent Persons Scheme?

You cannot take the Experienced Worker qualification without the AM2E in order to join a Competent Persons Scheme. The Experienced Worker Assessment process includes AM2E. All the NICIEC / NAPIT schemes now require AM2 in some guise, as per the EAS …

DateTuesday October 5, 2021

How do we offer the Experienced Worker Assessment?

This qualification can be offered by all accredited C&G and EAL centres Please contact your awarding organisation to find out more. …

DateFriday June 19, 2020

How do we administer the Skills Scan?

The Skills Scan is designed to help the assess the learner’s eligibility for the Experienced Worker Qualification. There is a self-assessment of the depth of knowledge, skill and experience expected of the assessment.  The centre is then responsib …

DateThursday June 18, 2020

What if a candidate is not suitable for the Experienced Worker Assessment?

If employed, explore the option of an apprenticeship with the employer, many employers remain unaware the apprenticeship is available to learners of any age, and that prior experience, knowledge and skill reduces the duration and cost.  Otherwise di …

DateTuesday June 16, 2020

How do I book AM2E?

The AM2E should be booked via NET but this cannot be done until the candidate has achieved the Experienced Worker qualification. You will need to provide the qualification certificate as evidence as part of the booking process. Please also refer to o …

DateMonday June 15, 2020

Media Contact

General Enquiries

For enquiries about TESP or queries relating to industry skills issues, please email: