National Occupational Standard (NOS) Consultation
Welcome to the 2018/2019 Employer and Business National Occupational Standard (NOS) consultation.
What are National Occupational Standards (NOS)?
A National Occupational Standard (NOS) is a document that describes the knowledge, skills and understanding an individual needs to be competent at their job. All NOS are kept on a public database. The Government has asked us to review electrotechnical NOS to ensure they are up to date.
Why should I be interested?
This work is a chance for you to influence the standards our industry works and trains by. These standards feed into qualifications and apprenticeships across the UK (and internationally) and we would really like your comments on whether they are fit for purpose (FFP) as they are, or if they need to be changed.
Who should take part in this consultation?
Anyone who works for or who owns a business operating in the electrotechnical industry. In larger businesses, training managers will wish to comment but this consultation is open to all businesses from sole traders to multinationals.
What do I need to do?
First of all, you do not need to read all the NOS units! We’re only asking you to read and comment on the ones that are relevant for you and your business.
All units are available to view and download below.
Once you’ve looked at all relevant units, please download the consultation document and fill in your details. The document should be self-explanatory, but if you have any questions please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will respond to you ASAP.
- SUMBSE01 Apply health and safety and environmental legislation in the building services engineering sector
- SUMBSE02 Establish and maintain relationships in the building services engineering sector
- SUMBSE03 Coordinate a work site in the building services engineering sector
- SUMBSE04 Perform electrical work on mechanical building services systems
- SUMET04 Install enclosures for electrical cables, conductors and wiring systems
- SUMET05 Install and connect electrical cables, conductors, wiring systems and equipment
- SUMET06 Inspect and test electrical systems and equipment
- SUMET07 Commission electrical systems and equipment
- SUMET08 Identify and rectify faults in electrical systems and equipment
- SUMET09 Maintain electrical systems and equipment